Softball team inks five 2015 signees

The Texas A&M softball team signed five players in its 2015 recruiting class Wednesday.
Head coach Jo Evans said she looks forward to the potential contributions of the class in the future.
“I am very excited about our 2015 recruiting class,” Evans said. “This group is very athletic and very versatile. Every one of these athletes has the ability to play numerous positions which will help add depth to our squad.”
The Aggies signed five highly regarded players, beginning with Kaitlyn Alderink, an infielder from Keller, Texas.
“Kaitlyn can play every defensive position,” Evans said. “She is a savvy ballplayer, understated, with great tools on offense and defense. A lefty hitter who can drive the ball in the gap, she can lay down a bunt or slap hit an infield single.”
The other three fielders signed are Morgan Herzog, an outfielder from Missouri City, Texas; Keeli Milligan, an infielder from Vidor, Texas; and Riley Sartain, an outfielder from Aledo, Texas. Evans said she is excited for Samantha Snow, a pitcher from East Bernard, Texas, who has earned multiple All-American accolades during her high school career.
“Sam is one of the top pitching prospects in the country,” Evans said. “She is an exceptional athlete and is equally talented on the mound and at the plate. She plays first base when she is not pitching and handles that duty extremely well. She comes with the same skill set as Amanda Scarborough and Megan Gibson. Sam is a tremendous hitter with home run power. She will make an immediate impact on our program and has the ability to be one of the best pitcher/hitters in the SEC.”
Evans is excited to see her newest crop of talent become part of the Aggie softball program.
“They have a great understanding of what it means to be an Aggie and they have already established themselves as valued members of our Aggie softball family,” Evans said. “I have no doubt this class will contribute immediately to our program and make significant contributions, both on and off of the field of play.”