Texas A&M infielder Kaeden Kent (3) celebrates a home run during Texas A&M’s game against Tennessee at the NCAA Men’s College World Series finals at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday, June 22, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Winning 9 to 5: A&M beats Tennessee in Game 1 of College World Series finals
Luke White, Sports Editor • June 23, 2024

While Texas A&M baseball had never appeared in the College World Series finals before Saturday, the Aggies played as if they were seasoned...

Softball travels to Starkville

Tennessee+preview
Photo by Photo by Abbey Santoro
Tennessee preview

Texas A&M softball will travel to Starkville, Miss., this weekend for a three-game series against the Bulldogs. The opening game will be played on Friday with the first pitch slated for 6 p.m.
The Aggies are sitting at 29-13, 6-9 in conference, while Mississippi State’s overall record is 24-19, 0-12 in SEC play.
Despite the Bulldogs’ inability to accumulate a conference win thus far, A&M coach Jo Evans is notorious for reminding her team that no opponent should be underestimated. Evans regularly stresses that every SEC opponent can out-perform and out-compete any school on any given day, regardless of ranking or record.
The most recent matchup between the Aggies and Bulldogs resulted in a 2-3 loss for A&M at home in 2019.
This weekend will provide A&M the opportunity to get back on top of Mississippi State and continue the team’s win streak following their mid-week win over Houston, 9-1. The dominating win over the Cougars marked the team’s ninth run-rule victory of the season.
Junior catcher Haley Lee garnered two home runs in the Aggies’ most recent game, bringing her total home run count to 19 on the season, ranking fourth in the nation. Lee currently ranks fifth in A&M’s program history for home runs in a single season. Following closely behind is sophomore Shaylee Ackerman with 12 home runs thus far.
A&M and Mississippi State will take the field for the first time on Friday, April 23, with the first pitch slated for 6 p.m. at Nusz Stadium. Games 2 and 3 will be played on Saturday and Sunday.