Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 11, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Ring Day run rule
Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • April 12, 2024

It was Ring Day in Aggieland when No. 3 Texas A&M faced off against No. 6 Vanderbilt on Friday night in the first game of a three-game set. The...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Kyle Field to host Mexico-Brazil friendly match June 8

Photo by Julianne Shivers

The Corps of Cadets form a T on the field at half time during Texas A&M’s game against ACU o Saturday Nov. 18, 2023 at Kyle Field. (Julianne Shivers/ The Battalion)

Kyle Field will host a friendly match between Mexico and Brazil as both teams prepare for the 2024 CONMEBOL Copa America tournament, Texas A&M University announced on Tuesday, March 12 — the first international soccer match to be played at the stadium.

“Kyle Field — a beacon of collegiate sporting excellence — is more than a football stadium,” university president Mark Welsh III said in a statement. “It’s a special place where memories are made and legends are born. It creates an electric atmosphere that fuels players and fans alike. We in Aggieland are ready to welcome the Brazil and Mexico teams and their fans with a warm ‘Howdy!’ this summer for what promises to be an unforgettable experience for all.”

Kyle Field’s capacity of 102,733 gives the match the ability to break the attendance record for a Mexico match in the United States — 90,526 set at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California during the 2010 Gold Cup. 

Brazil and Mexico are two of the Americas’ top soccer powers. The Seleção have won a record five world cups, along with nine Copa America titles. Meanwhile, El Tri are the defending CONCACAF Gold Cup champions, and will make their 12th appearance in the Copa America tournament in 2024.

Tickets will be available for purchase on April 5.