Streaking LSU up next Thursday for Aggies

File

Middle blocker Shelby Sullivan ranks sixth in the SEC in blocks.

A&M volleyball will continue its path through conference play Thursday against LSU at Reed Arena.
LSU (14-7, 9-3 SEC) is on a nine-match winning streak that includes a five-set victory over No. 12 Kentucky.
The Aggies (15-7,7-4 SEC) defeated Missouri in four sets Sunday.
“The team had great vibes going on Sunday,” A&M head coach Laurie Corbelli said. “Not only were we coming off the loss at Alabama, a heart breaking loss, but also being on the road again against last year’s SEC champion — it was an important match. The team really was united and didn’t get flustered.”
The Aggies rank second in hitting percentage in the SEC, trailing only Florida.
A&M middle blocker Shelby Sullivan will match up against LSU’s Briana Holman, who averages almost five points per set and just under four kills per contest. Holman leads the SEC in blocks, with Sullivan following shortly behind in sixth.
“[Holman] is one of the most dynamics attackers in the league,” Corbelli said. “It is not easy to slow her down. She is constant and difficult to defend, but I am always confident in my blockers and in my team. I believe in our defense and their ability to read the situation and make the best play they can make.”
An up-and-coming star for A&M’s defense is freshman libero Amy Nettles, averaging almost three digs per set.
“[Nettles] is awesome and has such a great work ethic,” Sullivan said. “I trust her so much and am so confident in her abilities. She is a great person to play with. She has a ton of energy and a very high skill set.”
The Aggies will follow the match Thursday with one at 1 p.m. Sunday against Ole Miss.