Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) dlivers a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Kentucky at the NCAA Men’s College World Series at in Omaha, Nebraska on Monday, June 17, 2024. Prager went for 6.2 innings, allowing two hits and zero runs. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)

Szeryk finishes in tie for 17th at NCAA Championships

Photo by Courtesy of Texas State Athletics

Senior Maddie Szeryk tied for fifth at 6-over-par at the Trinity Forest Invitational.

In the final tournament of her collegiate career, Texas A&M senior Maddie Szeryk finished tied for 17th at the NCAA Championship in Stillwater, Oklahoma. With the A&M team missing out on a spot in the championship tournament by one place at the NCAA Regional in Austin, Szeryk was the only Aggie in the field.
Szeryk fired a 2-over-par 74 in the final round of the tournament at Karsten Creek to close with a total score of 2-over-par (290) over the four rounds. The Aggie earned her second consecutive top-20 finish at the NCAA Championship, after finishing in a tie for 14th last year in Sugar Grove, Illinois. She ended the week inside the top-five in par 3 scoring (-1) and was one of a handful of players with an eagle.
Szeryk’s best round of the tournament came on day two as she fired a 2-under par 70 that saw her move into the top-10 on the leaderboard. She remained in the top-10 after the third round in which she produced one of the tournament’s highlights with a hole-in-one on the 137-yard seventh hole.
The Allen native has proven to be one of the best golfers to come through Texas A&M and leaves with four career school records. Over her career, Szeryk has the best stroke average (71.60) and the most birdies (495), eagles (11) and rounds played (140).
Szeryk also set the NCAA career record in rounds of even par or better with 91, as well as the SEC career record in top-10 finishes with 32. She ends her career with four tournament titles to her name.
After Szeryk completed her final round on Monday evening, the team’s official Twitter account tweeted the following message:
“To @mszeryk—
Four years have gone by way too fast. You awed us from your very first tournament as a freshman and then marveled at how you rewrote our record book. We could not be more proud of how you blossomed into our senior leader. We cannot wait to see you on tour!
#12thMan”