Tennessee up next for the on fire Aggie volleyball team

A&M volleyball is firing on all cylinders, and has only lost one set over the past four contests. Most recently, the Aggies upsetted No. 20 Kentucky on the road Friday, and they don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.

The Aggies (14-6, 7-2 SEC) hold a five-game winning streak and will challenge the Tennessee Volunteers (20-6, 6-5 SEC) at 12:30 p.m. Sunday in Knoxville, Tennessee in hopes to extend their streak and continue their road momentum.

The Volunteers started their 2015 campaign with momentous skill by going 14-0 before suffering their first and only loss of the preseason, with only one of their games to go to five sets. Since starting SEC play, the Volunteers have had more struggles on the court.

In its SEC opener, Tennessee faced the Auburn Tigers on the road and concluded the match with a loss. They collected road losses at Missouri, LSU and Ole Miss. This reflects the Aggies struggles on the road, aside from the dominant victory Friday against the Wildcats. On the road, Tennessee has a record of 4-5 while the Aggies closely resemble by going 4-4.

In favor of the Volunteers, Tennesse has shown tremendous efforts at home this season. Its only home loss this season has been to the defending SEC champion Florida Gators, who were ranked No. 17 at the time. The Volunteers has a home record of 8-1 which also reflects that of A&M.

The Volunteers dropped games against Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss by four sets. The Aggies have also competed against these schools, but swept each of them.

To add comfort to the situation, Texas A&M’s head coach Laurie Corbelli has had a successful history against Tennessee, posting up a 5-2 record overall. Particularly last year, Corbelli was able to capture both matches between the two teams with sweeps.

The Aggies will hit the court against the Volunteers at 12:30 p.m Sunday in Knoxville, Tennessee. The game will be broadcast on SEC Network +.