Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Texas A&M football team preps for Maroon and White game on Saturday

On Wednesday, the Texas A&M Football team wrapped up their 13th practice of the spring. The Aggies only have one more practice before the Maroon and White game on Saturday.
Senior wide receiver Kenric McNeal said he believes the team has come a long way since their first practice under head coach Kevin Sumlin.
From the first spring practice, we kind of didnt know what to expect, McNeal said, So now we just kind of take it day by day and get ready for the spring game.
McNeal continued that the transition hasnt been easy, especially with the fast paced tempo Sumlin likes to run.
That tempo that we have is unreasonable, McNeal said. Everybodys looking forward to summer workouts so we can actually prepare better for fall practice.
McNeal, who was hurt last season, said his injury has helped him get ready for the upcoming season.
Being hurt last year, I kind of looked at the game from a different perspective, McNeal said. I learned a lot last year, now Im just ready to go back out on the field and do what I do. Im a senior so everyones looking up to me, so Ive finally got to lead everybody.
The Maroon and White game will be this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. Students can get in free with their student ID.