Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Texas A&M hosts Stephen F. Austin in midweek matchup

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker

Senior Nick Choruby slides into home plate while the umpire pauses before calling him safe against Bowling Green. Teammate Joel Davis is already doing that. 

After opening the 2017 season with a dominating series sweep over Bowling Green, the No. 16 A&M baseball team looks for its fourth win as it hosts Stephen F. Austin Tuesday night at Blue Bell Park.
Over the weekend, the Aggies (3-0) had no problem scoring runs against Bowling Green — 15 in the first game, 19 in the second game and 16 runs in the series finale. After just one series, A&M has outscored its opponents 50-8. 
The maroon and white will look for more offense from senior outfielder Nick Choruby, who was extremely productive at the top of the lineup. Choruby registered eight hits, his first career home run, scored 10 times and drove in five runs.
The freshmen on the team contributed offensively in the first series — Braden Shewmake  registered six hits and eight RBI through the first three games. Jorge Gutierrez knocked four hits, two of which were home runs and Logan Foster had five hits and scored five times. With a relatively young roster, A&M will continue to count on these freshmen for production against the Lumberjacks.
Stephen F. Austin (2-2) heads to College Station coming off a two-game series split with both Southeast Missouri and UT-Arlington at home over the weekend. After beating both teams to open the weekend, SFA dropped the the two last games they played 3-1 to Southeast Missouri and 7-4 to UTA on Sunday.
The infielders for Stephen F. Austin were the most productive over the weekend. SFA’s shortstop Tyler Hendrick saw the ball well — leading his team with seven hits as did second baseman Nick Ramos, who drove in five runs. Hendrick even scored the winning run in a 2-1 extra-inning decision against UTA.
When these two teams last matched up early in the 2016 season, A&M handled SFA 21-1 in College Station.
Freshman lefty John Doxakis, out of Houston Lamar, will get the ball for A&M. Doxakis worked an inning of scoreless relief in the series finale against Bowling Green on Saturday and will be looking for his first win as a college starter.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m and will be broadcast on the SEC Network+.