Texas A&M softball selected as No. 15 national seed in NCAA Tournament, set to host regional

Photo by Photo by Cassie Stricker
Texas A&M Softball vs. Auburn Game 2

Entering their 17th consecutive NCAA softball championship, the No. 15 seed Texas A&M softball team will host the College Station Regional starting on Friday and ending Sunday at the Davis Diamond in College Station.
The tournament will begin with a face off between the Baylor Bears and McNeese Cowgirls at 3:30 p.m., which will immediately be followed by a matchup between A&M and Prairie View A&M at 6 p.m.
The Aggies finish their regular season play with a 40-16 overall record (13-11 SEC) after losing in the first round of the SEC tournament last week in Missouri. This will be A&M’s 29th NCAA championship appearance and their 19th with head coach Jo Evans.
Tickets for Friday’s games can be found at www.12thman.com/tickets or by phone at 888-992-4443. They can also be purchased on the north end of Kyle Field in the box office from 10 a.m. through 5 p.m.
Starting at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, the Davis Diamond box office will be open to the public, as well as on Saturday and Sunday an hour before the first pitch. Fans can find reserved, general admission, or student seating for all three days or a single day, starting at $5 and going up to $35.
The final team standing at the College Station Regional will face the Gainesville Regional winner in the Super Regionals that start on Thursday, May 24.
Possible opponents for the first round of supers include: Florida, Ohio State, South Florida, and Bethune-Cookman. While the second round could include teams from the Athens Regional which features Georgia, Harvard, Northwestern, California or the Knoxville Regional with James Madison, Ohio, Monmouth, Tennessee competing in it.