Texas A&M Volleyball set to face another top-20 opponent on the road

TAMU Volleyball vs Colorado State

Coming off a strong win over No. 15 Colorado State, the Aggies has a chance to further add to their resume as they head to Florida State.

For the past two years, the No. 18 Seminoles (6-3) have marched into Reed Arena and defeated Texas A&M (6-3). This Friday, the two foes will meet again, except this time the Aggies will not have home-court advantage.

Last season, the Seminoles finished with a 30-3 record, advancing to the NCAA regional semifinals. This season, they dropped eight spots from their final ranking of 10th in 2014.

“Florida State is a lot like Colorado State, super physical and well coached,” head coach Laurie Corbelli said.

Friday’s game will rely on the leadership of the two Aggie captains, Angela Lowak and Shelby Sullivan. Corbelli said the two returning seniors are invaluable for the team. 

“The seniors, as leaders, they really do a great job of reminding the team it takes team focus, team effort, it’s just about the team,” Corbelli said. “They know they are very capable.”

Lowak and Sullivan will also trust their younger teammates to step up and raise the level of competition against the Seminoles. Coach Corbelli said the duo are confident in every match they play in.

“They believe they can beat anybody on a good night; they have to make that night good,” Corbelli said.

On Saturday, Texas A&M will battle Florida A&M, a new opponent for the Aggies.
After the Aggies play games on consecutive days, they will have an eight-day break. This will give them a chance to evaluate their performances before playing their conference opponent, Arkansas, on Sept. 27 at Reed Arena.