Top five finishes for A&M track and field squads on Saturday

This past Saturday while students enjoyed festivities surrounding the re-opening of the MSC and Muster, the Track and Field teams were back in action at Bernie Moore Stadium at Louisiana State University.
The defending national champions grabbed wins from multiple sources with junior sprinter Prezel Hardy Jr. at the forefront with a win and a career best in the 200 with a time of 20.46 with one second added on because of the wind.
Hardy said he wasnt feeling well, but sometimes that is when the best comes out.
To come back in the 200, when I wasn’t feeling that well, was surprising, Hardy said. Coach Henry tells us sometimes you run your best races when you’re not feeling so well. I got after it and ran a great race. I set a PR and I’m very happy with that.
Hardy also finished fourth overall and had the second fastest collegiate time in the 100. Sophomore sprinter Michael Bryan came in fourth overall in the 200 and seventh in the 100.
There were more top collegiate finishers for the Aggies as well which included junior distance runner Stephen Curry who won the steeplechase by running a time of 9:02.21. Sophomore distance runner Sophie Blake won the women’s 1,500 and set a personal record with a time of 4:33.75 PR. Senior distance runner MacLean O’Donnell won the men’s 1,500 running 3:46.75.
Senior middle distance runner Oscar Ramirez ran a 1:48.82 to come in first in the 800. Freshman sprinter Deon Lendore claimed the 400 title running 46.22. The men’s 4 x 100 was the best college time. Their time of 39.55 was only second to the Canadian team with a time of 39.25. Sophomore thrower Casey Strong won the hammer throwing 196-11.
Freshman middle distance runner Jillian Anderson and sophomore sprinter Ashton Young both claimed first in their perspective heats in the 800 B sections. Anderson recorded a time of 2:13.61 and Young ran a time of 1:51.91.
Junior hurdler Dominique Flemings posted a time of 13.00 in the 100 hurdles but failed to come up with her sixth consecutive win as she just came up short to LSUs Jasmin Stowers. Flemings also finished second in the 400 hurdles.
For the mens hurdles sophomore hurdler Wayne Davis II finished third (second collegiately) in the 110 hurdles and freshman hurdler Gregory Coleman also finished runner up in the 400 hurdles.
There were many top 5 finishes for the Aggies and as the Aggies get ready to gear up for the conference and national championships they look to continue their success at the Penn Relay Carnival on Thursday.