Track and Field to host 2016 Texas A&M Quandrangular Meet Saturday

Photo by Photo By: Kathryn Perez

Aggie track and field concluded their indoor schedule this weekend.

Texas A&M will host the 2016 Texas A&M Quadrangular Meet Saturday at the Gilliam Indoor Track Stadium at the McFerrin Athletic Center.
Arizona State, Oklahoma and Texas Tech will travel to College Station to take on the No. 3 A&M men’s team and the No. 4 A&M women’s team. The running and field events begin at noon and end around 2:45 p.m.
Texas A&M has seen impressive performances early in the season from new as well as experienced athletes. Shamier Little will race for the first time in the 400 meter dash after finishing second  the 4×400 relay team at the Texas A&M Team Invitational, while recording a United States leading time of 3:35.64. Fred Kerley will race in his first open 400 after posting a 47.29 last week in the 4×400 relay and Will Williams is set to debut in the men’s long jump.
Jacob Wooten and Audie Wyatt will continue to push each other as they did last week and seek another individual 1-2 finish. The Aggies’ middle distance team will feature a group of runners in the 3,000 meters while Katie Willard switches from the mile to 800 meters.
In the sprints, Aaliyah Brown and Jennifer Madu lead A&M in the women’s 60 meters and will be challenged by new runners on the track team. For the men, Devin Jenkins holds the number one seed in the men’s 60 and 200 meters after winning the 200 and placing fifth in the 60 meter run last week in 20.94 and 6.75 seconds.
After winning the men’s high jump last week at 6-11, Sam McSwain looks to make his second consecutive victory.
The Aggies will travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas next weekend to compete at the Razorback Invitational.