Track set for LSU Alumni Gold Invitational

The Texas A&M men’s and women’s track teams will take to Baton Rouge, La., to compete in the LSU Alumni Gold Invitational Saturday, with the first gun set to sound at 9 a.m.
The meet will be in the heart of the LSU campus at the Bernie Moore Track Stadium, which seats 5,280 and is surfaced with Mondo FTX, the same surface used in the 2008 Summer Olympics.
The LSU Alumni Gold Invitational is a non-scoring meet and will feature teams from across the country. The Aggie teams are coming off Friday and Saturday’s Sun Angel Track Classic in Arizona with more than 20 top performances, and have won three consecutive SEC Player of the Week honors.
The Aggie women remained ranked No. 1, according to updated computer rankings from United States Track & Field Cross Country Coaches Association, while the A&M men claim the No. 4 spot.
Florida and Texas round out the top three teams for the women in the USTFCCCA rankings. The Aggie men trail closely behind Florida, Oregon and Georgia.
Following Saturday’s Invitational, the Aggies will prepare for their sixth consecutive road match when they head to Philadelphia, Pa., April 24-26 for the Penn Relay Carnival.