Track set for NCAA Indoor Championships

Texas A&M will be sending 19 athletes in 14 events competing in the NCAA Indoor Track Championships on March 14-15 in Albuquerque, NM. Of the 22 entries in the meet, the Aggie women qualified 11 athletes in eight events while the men advanced eight athletes in six events.
Kamaria Brown, Deon Lendore, Brea Garrett and the men’s 4×400 relay all head into the national championships as collegiate leaders in their respective events. Brown leads in the 200- and 400-meters, Lendore in the 400 and Garrett in the weight throw. The men’s 4×400 recently set a collegiate record with a 3:03.20 at the SEC Indoor Championships.
Both Brown and Lendore were named National Track Athlete of the Year following the conference meet last week while Garrett earned Women’s National Field Athlete of the Year.
Other NCAA indoor qualifiers for the A&M men include: 60m – Prezel Hardy Jr., 200m – Shavez Hart, Aldrich Bailey Jr., Hardy, Michael Bryan; 400m – Deon Lendore, 60-meter hurdles – Wayne Davis II; pole vault – Chase Wolfle; and the 4×400 relay, which includes Hart, Bailey, Carlyle Roudette and Lendore. The men will have nine entries in the meet.
With 13 entries in the meet, the Aggie women NCAA Indoor qualifiers by event include: 60m – Olivia Ekpon?, Jennifer Madu and Aaliyah Brown; 200m – Kamaria Brown, Ekpon? and Ashton Purvis; 400m – Shamier Little and Janeil Bellille; long jump – LaQue Moen-Davis; triple jump – Moen-Davis; weight throw – Brea Garrett; pentathlon – Jena Hemann; and the women’s 4×400 which includes: Ibukun Mayungbe, Brown, Bellille and Ekpon?.
According to updated national rankings following all conference meets, the Aggies are ranked No. 3 for both the men and the women. Florida men and women are both ranked No. 1 with Arkansas No. 2 for the men and Oregon No. 2 among women.