Two Aggies snag All-America honors

Photo by Abbey Santoro

Senior guard Aaliyah Wilson earned Honorable Mention All-American honors after leading the Aggies in points per game, steals and blocks.

For the fourth consecutive year, a Texas A&M women’s basketball player has been named to the Associated Press All-America team.
It was announced Wednesday that two Aggies will share this honor this year. Senior forward N’dea Jones and senior guard Aaliyah Wilson have been named Honorable Mention All-Americans and become the 19th and 20th All-Americans in program history.
Jones, a First Team All-SEC pick, is tattooed in the A&M history books as the Aggies’ all-time leader in double-doubles with 41 and in rebounds with 1,026. This season, she averages a double-double with 12.3 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
A Second Team All-SEC pick, Wilson is A&M’s most prolific perimeter defender this season and leads her team in points per game, steals and blocks. Both Wilson and Jones have started in every game this season for the Aggies.
A&M enters the NCAA Tournament as a No. 2 seed in the Mercado Region and will open the Round of 64 with a game against 15th seed Troy on Monday, March 22 at 5 p.m.

• Northwestern State recap

Courtesy of Bailey Orr/Texas A&M Athletics