Two SEC wins this weekend would clinch spot in tournament

The SEC tournament has begun to take shape as No. 8 Texas A&M plays two conference opponents this weekend. Contests are set for Friday at 7 p.m. at home against the Auburn Tigers followed by a road trip to play the Mississippi State Bulldogs on Sunday.
A&M head coach G Guerrieri will see his squad face off first against a 7-4-3 Auburn Tigers squad that is 1-2-3 in the SEC. Auburn is fresh off a 3-2 victory against No. 25 Missouri.
Auburn is one of three SEC teams to defeat the Aggies since their arrival to the conference in 2012. The Tigers eliminated the Aggies in the 2012 SEC tournament.
Three regular season home games remain for A&M. Two victories this weekend lock the Aggies in for a spot in the tournament.
With last Friday’s victory, the Aggies (11-2-1, 5-1 SEC) has already ensured its 21st consecutive season with a winning record.
With the conclusion of the game Friday night, A&M will travel to take on the Bulldogs. The match is set for a 1:00 p.m. start time on Sunday afternoon.
The Bulldogs are 0-5 in conference play this year with a 3-9-0 record overall. Shannen Jainudeen is the leading scorer for the Bulldogs at six goals.
After a home and away this weekend, A&M will flip the script with a match at Arkansas next Friday, followed by a home contest at 4 p.m. Sunday against the South Carolina Gamecocks. A&M concludes the regular season Oct. 30 against the Georgia Bulldogs at Ellis Field.