The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite...

Volleyball breaks into rankings

PROVIDED Sophomore Jazzmin Babers and junior Angela Lowak  celebrate a point against UTSA.

Coming off victories over No. 10 USC and No. 13 San Diego, the No. 21 Texas A&M volleyball team hosts No. 6 Florida State at 6 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday in Reed Arena.
It will be their first time playing the same team back-to-back this year. This is the first time since 2009 that the Aggies have cracked the top 25. In beating USC and San Diego last weekend in the USC Classic, Stephanie Aiple was named ESPNW’s national volleyball player of the week.
“It’s totally awesome,” said junior middle blocker Shelby Sulivan. “And she doesn’t act any different. She is always going to be the same, but I am bragging for her.”
Head coach Laurie Corbelli said Aiple exemplifies the qualities she wants in her team.
“The fact that she is incredibly coachable and just a wonderful teammate and very modest and works hard everyday, those all just are icing on the cake,”Corbelli said. “We are really pleased and happy for her and for us.”
The Aggies are hoping to continue their five-game winning streak, all of which came on the road.
“We’re excited to be back home and for the 12th Man to come out,” Sulivan said.