Volleyball defeats Missouri in four sets

The No. 23 Texas A&M volleyball team downed Missouri in four sets Sunday 17-25, 25-13, 25-13 and 25-16.
Missouri (14-12, 5-6 SEC) claimed the first set, forcing A&M (15-7, 7-4 SEC) to come from behind. Junior middle blocker Shelby Sullivan had 4 kills in the first frame and was accompanied by freshman setter Stephanie Aiple who posted 12 assists. At point 11 Missouri took a two-point lead and ran with it, and thoug A&M was able to tie the set eight the Tigers took a 1-0 lead.
In the second set, Mizzou took the lead at the beginning of the game, but A&M came back to after sophomore Jazzmin Babers killed the ball making the score 8-7, which gave the Aggies momentum. Babers end the set wit 4 kills.
In the third set, A&M took the lead early with a 4 point run putting them up 8-5. A&M then leapt out to a 15-6 advantage as Missouri committed frequent attack errors. The Aggies cushion waned as Missouri crept back on a 5 point run making the score 15-9, A&M would cruise to the end of the set and take the lead in sets 2-1.
Like in the last two sets, the fourth began with a close start and A&M pulling away. Sullivan ended the match with 13 kills, Babers with 11 kills, and Aiple with 45 assists. Sophomore defensive specialist Katelyn Labhart led the Aggies in digs with 12.
A&M will play next on Thursday, Nov. 6 against LSU at 6 p.m. in Reed Arena. The game will be broadcast live on the SEC Network.