Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Wade Taylor IV, Andersson Garcia garner All-SEC selections

Photo by Kyle Heise
Senior F Andersson Garcia and junior G Jace Carter (0) help up junior G Wade Taylor IV (4) during Texas A&M’s game against Penn State at the ESPN Events Invitational in Kissimmee, Florida on Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023.

Junior guard Wade Taylor IV and senior forward Andersson Garcia garnered All-SEC honors for the regular season on Monday, March 11.

For Taylor, he was selected to the first-team All-SEC honors for the second season in a row. The Dallas native led the team in scoring, averaging 18 points a game on 36.2% shooting. 

He is the second player in school history to score 500+ points while posting 100+ rebounds, 100+ assists and 50+ steals in a season. He also led the team in 3-pointers with 74, while also dishing out a team-high 126 assists. Taylor also broke his career high of points in a game against Arkansas this year, scoring 41.

For Garcia, his proficiency on the glass and energy off the bench — reflected in his nickname, “The Dominican Dennis Rodman” — has earned his SEC All-Defensive Team. Garcia led the conference in rebounds with 9.4 a game, also good for a top 50 finish nationally. His 180 boards broke a school record held by 1966 All-American John Beasley

Garcia’s best performance on the glass came against Houston Christian, where the Moca, Dominican Republic native grabbed 19 rebounds, his career high.

Both Taylor and Garcia will be back in action Thursday, March 14 as the Aggies take on the 10-seed Ole Miss Rebels in the SEC Tournament in Nashville, Tennessee at 6 p.m.