Walker, Williams lead Aggies to victory over No. 11 Kentucky

The No. 15 Texas A&M women’s team needs every win it can earn as March approaches.
Thursday night, the Aggie women helped their case for tournament seeding with a resounding 81-69 victory over No. 11 Kentucky in Rupp Arena behind Courtney Williams 16 points and nine rebounds.
Courtney Walker led in scoring with 19 points. Achiri Ade notched a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. Jordan Jones continued to share the basketball, scoring 10 points to go with eight assists.
The Aggies trailed by eight points early on. However, a 12-2 run put them ahead 28-26 with 3:51 left in the half.
After an 8-0 A&M run, the team roared into the break with a 38-31 advantage and an 11-0 run early in the second half gave A&M a 54-36 lead. The team led by as much as 23 points.
Good shooting helped the Aggies, as they shot 44 percent from the floor in the game. The Aggies dominated down low, outscoring the Wildcats 52-32 in the paint and outrebounding them 49 to 37.
It is the first win over Kentucky for A&M since a 75-67 win in the 2013 SEC Tournament championship.
The Aggies will return home and face the Florida Gators at 3 p.m. Sunday.