Women’s basketball to visit Vandy

Nashville, Tennessee is known for its country music and Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair said he enjoys his time there.
The best thing about Nashville is its good food, its a good city, Blair said. I like to relax and go hear some good country music on a Saturday night after I have done all my work.
First, though, Blair and the No. 10 womens basketball team have some business to take care of.
On Sunday, the Aggies take on the Vanderbilt Commodores for a second time this season in Nashville. When the two teams first met, the Aggies took a 60-52 win over the Commodores at Reed Arena.
Vanderbilt is 7-6 in the conference and the team is coming off of a win against Florida. Head coach Melanie Balcomb has been coaching at Vanderbilt for ten years and her team has made NCAA tournament each year, making her just one of eight coaches in the nation to achieve this.
Junior A&M All- American candidate Kelsey Bone is coming off a career-high 17 rebounds against the Ole Miss Rebels. The Aggies have three more games left before the SEC tournament and Bone said these last games would not be easy.
When you start talking about the last three games, they are not easy games, Bone said. We are talking about tournament teams that we are getting ready to face three games in a row. We just have to focus on what we are doing and the rest will take care of itself.
A&M freshman guard Courtney Walker has stood out for the Aggies this year. Walker scored 20 points, including the last 10 points for the Aggies, in her last game against Kentucky. Walker and Bone will be two main players to watch in Sundays game against Vanderbilt.
A&M has a conference record of 11-2, with both losses coming against Kentucky. But Thursdays game against the Rebels proved to be no contest for the Aggies as A&M led the game by as many as 30 points.
Ole Miss head coach Brett Frank said the Aggies are a Final Four caliber team.
Coach Blair has his kids playing as well as anyone in the country right now. Frank said. I expect him to make a deep run in the SEC tournament as well as March Madness. I think they are definitely a Final Four caliber team. They have all the tools and all the pieces that they can compete with anybody nationally.