Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 11, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Ring Day run rule
Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • April 12, 2024

It was Ring Day in Aggieland when No. 3 Texas A&M faced off against No. 6 Vanderbilt on Friday night in the first game of a three-game set. The...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Women’s club soccer hosts final game before regionals

Photo by Alex Perryman, JOUR 359 contributor

No. 4 Caroline Geertsema looks on as A&M’s keeper kicks the ball to advance the team to UT’s half of the field during the Oct. 14 game.

Texas A&M’s women’s club soccer team is 2-2-1 for the season and ready to make a comeback against Oklahoma State on Saturday, Oct. 21, at the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex.
To win the match, A&M’s center forward Brooke Brown said the team hopes to finish shots and opportunities as well as moving on and off the ball. A&M tied 0-0 against Texas on Oct. 14. Saturday’s match is the final game before the NIRSA Regional Tournament.
The first half against UT started slow for the Aggies but picked up in the second half with no shots allowed against the Maroon and White. UT is one of the best teams in the country, so having a draw is a win, allied health senior Brooke Brown, the president of the club team, said.
“We hope to have the win next game [against OSU] and be able to finish those opportunities we create,” Brown said.
There were many chances for shots to be made against UT, but finding the back of the net was a challenge, and having to follow through needs to be worked on, Brown said.
“I am proud of my girls and how passionate we played,” Brown said.
Texas club soccer is one of A&M’s most demanding competitions, Brown said.
“One of our strong plays was when our midfielder Maia [Rondinelli] passed the ball to Kelsey and created a breakaway 1v1, and their keeper barely saved it,” Brown said.
The match against OSU kicks off at 1 p.m. at the Penberthy Sports Complex. Follow women’s club soccer @TAMUWomensClubSoccer on Instagram for more information.
Alex Perryman is a journalism junior and contributed this article from JOUR 359 Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.