Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Women’s golf finishes in 13th place

After the final day of the SEC tournament, the Texas A&M women’s golf team finished in 13th place overall, shooting 40-over par.
Florida finished as the tournament leader, shooting a 1-under par. Amber Park highlighted the tournament for A&M, posting a 3-over par and finishing tied for 13th place individually. She finished 9 strokes behind winner Maria Fassi from Arkansas, marking her best career SEC tournament finish.
“It was unfortunate to see that all five players let it get away from them on the last nine,” A&M head coach Andrea Gaston told 12thman.com. “I felt like we had a very legitimate chance of making match play, especially with the way they played yesterday.”
Gaston said although weather conditions played a factor in the way the tournament ended, she believed her team would get through it.
“I know that the conditions were difficult today,” Gaston said. “We’ve actually been battling those conditions and felt like that would be our strength today, but it wasn’t meant to be.”
Aggie Brooke Tyree shot a 6-over 78 on the par 72, finishing 40th at 10-over. Teammate Courtney Dow also shot a 6-over 78, bringing her to 13-over for the tournament and to 52nd overall.
Ava Schwienteck shot 7-over 79 Friday, finishing at 14-over par and placing 56th. Katie Finley finished at 22-over and tied for 67th place overall.