Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Women’s golf lands NCAA bid in San Antonio

For the 15th consecutive season, the Texas A&M women’s golf team will continue its regular season campaign into the postseason, beginning this year at the NCAA Regionals hosted by the University of Texas San Antonio at the Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio, Texas.

The No. 11 Aggies learned Monday evening via the NCAA Selection Show that aired on the Golf Channel that they would be competing in San Antonio.

A&M clinched a spot in NCAA Regionals, which span May 7-9 this season, after winning the Southeastern Conference Championship on April 19th.

The Aggies head into San Antonio having already competed in the Alamo Invitational, which was also hosted at the Briggs Ranch golf club, back in October. At the Invitational, A&M fired a school record, single round score in relation to par of -13 (275) in the final round to vault itself into fourth place out of fifteen teams.

The private, par-72 Briggs Ranch golf club lies nestled in the Texas Hill Country right on the outskirt of San Antonio and features 6,350 yards of zoysia fairways and bent grass greens.

Head coach Trelle McCombs and her squad enter the postseason, like every team, with a blank slate and must place in the top six out of 18 teams if they wish to advance to the NCAA Championships in Bradenton, Florida, which run May 22-27.
“We are ecstatic to be selected to the San Antonio Regional, where we are playing a fantastic golf course in Briggs Ranch, and at a location where many Aggies can come out and support us,” McCombs said. “Briggs Ranch is a golf course that plays to our strengths, and one that our team really enjoys playing.”