Women’s golf prepares for NCAA Championship

The Texas A&M women’s golf team commences its run at the 2015 NCAA Championship on Friday in Bradenton, Florida.
The No. 11 Aggies advanced to the Championship, which runs May 22nd-27th, after placing as one of the top six, out of 18, teams from the NCAA San Antonio Regional at Briggs Ranch Golf Club earlier this month.
The top six teams and top three individuals, who were not from an advancing team, moved on after qualifying from four different Regional tournaments held at sites around the country.
A&M and head coach Trelle McCombs are joined by 23 other advancing programs, 16 of which, not including A&M, are ranked inside the national top 25, according to Golfstat.
“It is a tremendous accomplishment to reach nationals,” McCombs said. “I am proud of how hard the girls worked to reach the national championships, and to continue their work towards a national championship.”
The NCAA Championships are hosted by the University of South Florida at the par-72 Concession Golf Club in Bradenton, Florida.
All 24 teams are guaranteed 54 holes of competition at which point the top 15 teams and the top nine individuals, who are not from an advancing team, will be allowed to continue their championship run for an additional 18 holes.
Upon conclusion of the additional 18 holes, a 72-hole stroke play individual champion will be crowned and the top eight teams remaining will then compete, in match-play format, for the NCAA Championship.
The final three days of competition will be broadcasted nationally by the Golf Channel.