Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Women’s swim and dive defeats Georgia Tech, falls to No. 2 Texas

A&M swimming competes in the 200 free against UT and Georgia Tech at the Rec Center Natatorium on Nov. 3. 
Photo by Kolton Becker, JOUR 359 Contributor

The No. 25 Texas A&M women’s swim and dive team faced off against No. 2 Texas and unranked Georgia Tech Friday afternoon. The Maroon and White won 192-103 against the Yellow Jackets but fell short versus the Longhorns, 148-114.
Despite the first team loss of the season to UT, it was a day that included a new A&M record, podium sweeps in swim and dive and new qualifiers for the NCAA Zone Championship.
Sophomore Hayden Miller set a new all-time A&M record in the 1000-yard free at 9 minutes and 33.45 seconds to take second place, while UT’s junior Erica Sullivan finished first with a time of 9:31.77. Sophomore Joslyn Oakley’s diving performance swept first in the 1-meter and 3-meter springboards, while freshman Chloe McKnight’s 3m score earned her a ticket to the NCAA Zones Championship.
Also shining bright in the lights were athletes freshman Miranda Grana and senior Chloe Stepanek. Grana earned two first-place finishes and set new top times of the season with a 52.01 in the 100-meter back and 1:53.30 in the 200-meter back. Stepanek broke her personal best with a 1:44.15 to finish first in the 200m free.
The women’s 400-meter medley relay team consisting of Grana, senior Bobbi Kennett, senior Olivia Theall and Stepanek earned first with an NCAA automatic qualifying time of 3:30.31.
The Aggies added four more B cuts during the breaststroke and backstroke. Kennett’s second-place finish in the 100m breast (1:00.01) and senior Charlotte Longbottom’s time (1:00.50) qualified in the same event. Senior Abigail Ahrens and junior Aviv Barzelay both hit qualifying times of 1:55.41 and 1:56.77 in the 200m back.
Oakley’s diving performance swept first in the 1m and 3m springboards, scoring 306.15 on the 1m, a new personal best, and 349.58 on the 3m. McKnight competed in the 3m as well, tallying a career-high of 286.73 that earned her a ticket to the NCAA Zones Championship.
The Aggies will host the annual Art Adamson Invitational at the Rec Center Natatorium with LSU, Utah, Washington State, Houston and San Diego State all traveling to College Station on Nov. 15-17.
For more information, follow @AggieSwimDive on Facebook, Instagram and X.
Kolton Becker is an agricultural communications and journalism junior contributing this from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.