Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Women’s swim and dive looks to impress at South Carolina

Photo by Photo by CJ Smith

Sophomore free/fly Hadley Beeson jumps into the water in the Women 100 Free during Texas A&M’s swim meet against UIW on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

After a successful home opener against Incarnate Word, Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving team will travel to Columbia, South Carolina to battle South Carolina and Virginia Tech on Oct. 7.
Virginia Tech is 1-0 after beating George Washington 157-132, while South Carolina is 1-0 after beating UNC Wilmington 181-119.
Tallying 174 team points against Incarnate Word last week, seniors Jordan Buechler, Charlotte Longbottom and Olivia Theall and freshman Chloe Stepanek were victorious in the 200-meter medley relay, finishing with 11 points and a time of 1 minute, 41.91 seconds. Longbottom finished first in the 200 yard breaststroke at 2:18.08, Theall finished first in the 100 yard butterfly at 53.82 and Stepanek finished first in the 100 yard freestyle at 50.09.
Both freshmen Miranda Grana and Katie Walker opened their inaugural collegiate meets securing wins. Grana took the 50 freestyle in 23.27 for 9 points and Walker took the 200 yard butterfly in 1:59:52 for 9 points as well.
Sophomore Joslyn Oakley and seniors Mayson Richards and Payton Props punched tickets to the NCAA Zones by making the standard on the 3-meter, while freshman Chloe McKnight qualified on the 1-meter.
The action starts Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Carolina Natatorium.
Visit 12thman.com for more information on Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving. Follow the team at @AggieSwimDive on Facebook, Instagram and X.
Kolton Becker is a agricultural communciations and journalism junior and contributed this from the course JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.