Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Women’s swim and dive to host No. 6 Tennessee

Photo by CJ Smith

Sophomore IM/free/back Giulia Goerigk comes out of the water in the Women 200 Fly during Texas A&M’s swim meet against UIW on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

After a dominant victory in a dual match against Virginia Tech and South Carolina on Saturday, Oct. 7, Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving secured a ranked spot at No. 25 and will return to the Rec Center Natatorium to battle the No. 6 Tennessee Lady Volunteers on Friday, Oct. 27.
Freshman Miranda Grana and sophomore Joshlyn Oakley impressed at the Columbia, South Carolina meet, earning their first SEC weekly honors. Grana was named SEC Women’s Freshman of the Week and Oakley earned SEC Diver of the Week.
The Volunteers are coming off a 152-148 victory against Louisville. Junior Josephine Fuller impressed with three individual victories for Tennessee in the 100 back, 200 back and 200 individual medley.
The Maroon and White won 14 of 16 events in the last meet. In the 1,000-freestyle, senior Abby Grottle clocked a time of 10 minutes and 1.48 seconds, with sophomores Hayden Miller and Rachel Love following with 10:02.48 and 10.08.53, respectively.
The action will start at 11 a.m. at the Rec Center Natatorium.
Follow the team at @AggieSwimDive on Facebook, Instagram and X.
Emma Neuman is a university studies, journalism junior and contributed this from JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.