Women’s swim and dive to host No. 6 Tennessee

Photo by CJ Smith

Sophomore IM/free/back Giulia Goerigk comes out of the water in the Women 200 Fly during Texas A&M’s swim meet against UIW on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 at Rec Center Natatorium. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)

After a dominant victory in a dual match against Virginia Tech and South Carolina on Saturday, Oct. 7, Texas A&M women’s swimming and diving secured a ranked spot at No. 25 and will return to the Rec Center Natatorium to battle the No. 6 Tennessee Lady Volunteers on Friday, Oct. 27.
Freshman Miranda Grana and sophomore Joshlyn Oakley impressed at the Columbia, South Carolina meet, earning their first SEC weekly honors. Grana was named SEC Women’s Freshman of the Week and Oakley earned SEC Diver of the Week.
The Volunteers are coming off a 152-148 victory against Louisville. Junior Josephine Fuller impressed with three individual victories for Tennessee in the 100 back, 200 back and 200 individual medley.
The Maroon and White won 14 of 16 events in the last meet. In the 1,000-freestyle, senior Abby Grottle clocked a time of 10 minutes and 1.48 seconds, with sophomores Hayden Miller and Rachel Love following with 10:02.48 and 10.08.53, respectively.
The action will start at 11 a.m. at the Rec Center Natatorium.
Follow the team at @AggieSwimDive on Facebook, Instagram and X.
Emma Neuman is a university studies, journalism junior and contributed this from JOUR 359, Reporting Sports, to The Battalion.