Texas A&M Aggies guard Tyrece Radford (23) blocks Arkansas Razorbacks guard Tramon Mark (12) during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024, at Reed Arena. (Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
Free falling
Jace LaViolette (17) an Head Coach Jim Schlossnagle celebrating a home run during Texas A&Ms game against UIW on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
GALLERY: Baseball vs. UIW
Free falling
GALLERY: Baseball vs. UIW

Women’s team snares No. 1 national ranking

The Texas A&M men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will host the Art Adamson Invitational Thursday through Saturday. Teams from SMU, LSU, TCU, Arizona State, Stanford, Grand Canyon and Boise State will visit the A&M Student Recreation Center Natatorium.
Twelve days ago, the A&M women’s team journeyed to Austin and defeated the No. 2 Texas Longhorns by a count of 169-131. The win vaulted the women to a No. 1 national ranking, the second such ranking in program history. Since the Lonestar Showdown, A&M has recuperated with two weeks rest.
“It’s awesome,” head coach Steve Bultman said of the ranking. “Obviously, we beat a very good Texas team that had gone out to California and beat Stanford and Cal. I knew we’d move up, but you never know how high it’s going to go. To be number one — you’re never going to complain about that.”
Three ranked women’s teams will test the Aggies this weekend — No. 3 Stanford, No. 21 LSU and No. 22 SMU.
For the men’s side, only No. 10 Stanford is ranked.
Since losing to Texas in its first dual meet of the season on Oct. 17, the Aggie men’s team has won three straight. The invitational will be the first time the men swim at home this season.
For the first two days, the finals begin at 6 p.m. On Saturday, they will proceed at 5 p.m. After this weekend, the women will stay at home Dec. 6 against Rice, while the men start SEC action Jan. 8 against Tennessee.