The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Women’s tennis falls at home

Photo by Paul Burke

Freshman Jayci Goldsmith only lost one game during her singles match victory.

On Sunday, the No. 21 Texas A&M Women’s Tennis team fell to No. 2 Georgia in Athens 0-4. The Aggies drop to 14-3 on the season and 2-2 in the SEC, while the Bulldogs keep their perfect 11-0 overall record alive and rise to 3-0 in the SEC.
After the loss, A&M head coach Mark Weaver told 12thman.com that while it was a tough day on the courts for the Aggies he saw the opportunity to learn and grow.
“Today was definitely a tough day for us as a team,” Weaver said. “We did not play at the level that we are capable of and add in the fact that Georgia has a very fine team, which did not make for a great combination for us. We need to bounce back and have a great week of practice to prepare for a very good Vanderbilt team at home on Friday.”
The day started off with a swift 2-0 victory by Georgia in the doubles. In the singles, Vivian Wolff of Georgia defeated A&M’s Renee McBryde 6-0, 6-3, and Bulldog Marta Gonzalez beat Aggie Jayci Goldsmith 6-2, 6-3 to put Georgia on top 3-0. The final point was clinched by Meg Kowalski of Georgia, in her 6-2, 6-1 victory over A&M’s Dorthea Faa-Hviding.
The Aggies look to bounce back next week, when they take on No. 5 Vanderbilt and No. 18 Kentucky at home.