Women’s tennis finishes regular season strong, men’s streak ends

Cody Franklin
Tennis vs. Kentucky 12

Both the Texas A&M men’s and women’s teams concluded regular season play this weekend. The women finished up with two conference wins as the men fell to TCU, ending their win streak. 
The No. 7 Texas A&M men (17-4, 11-1 SEC) traveled to Fort Worth Saturday to take on the No. 10 Horned Frogs (19-6, 2-2 Big 12)  for the second time this year. Like the first time around, the Frogs emerged as the victor and spoiled the Aggies’ ten game win-streak. 
A&M dropped the doubles point for just the fourth time this season and was unable to capture a win on the singles court, which led to their shutout loss, 0-4. 
The Aggies will move forward and prepare to host the SEC tournament starting Wednesday, April 15th in which they are projected to be the number one seed. 
The No. 10 Texas A&M women’s team (15-4, 11-2 SEC) remained at home this weekend as they hosted their final two conference matches of the regular season. 
Firstly, on Friday they hosted the No. 8 Vanderbilt Commodores in a riveting match that finished in the favor of the Aggies, 4-3. The win made for A&M’s sixth straight victory and was their fourth win of the season over a top-10 ranked team. 
Sunday the Aggies hosted the Kentucky Wildcats in a match that was moved up three hours in an effort to avoid the rain. It seemed as though the ulterior motive of avoiding inclement weather may have expedited the play of the Aggies. In under an hour and a half A&M defeated the Wildcats by a score of 4-0 and captured their 12th win over the course of their last 13 matches.
The Aggies will look ahead to the SEC tournament held in South Carolina that will commence on Wednesday.