Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Adding a little magic to Texas A&M

Aggie Magic Club

Magicians on campus meet every Wednesday to share their skills with one another and observe unbelievable tricks.
The Aggie Magic Circle began in 2006, and is composed of Aggies who are interested in anything magic. Some members are part of the group to add new tricks to their collection, and others have an interest in watching everything unfold. The group celebrated National Magic Day by meeting up and performing together on Wednesday.
Business senior and Aggie Magic Circle Vice President and Colton Ginn said he became interested in magic since he was 10 years old, when he started watching magician David Blaine perform on YouTube. He said he appreciates the educational aspects of the organization.
“The people who are experienced teach the beginners, you don’t have to know a lot to join,” Ginn said. “Each week we cover different tricks, like coin tricks or rope tricks.”
Ginn said magicians are currently trying to get magic recognized as an art — an effort which he supports.
Chemistry senior Nolan McDaniel is the president of Aggie Magic Circle. He and Ginn both said that they plan to keep doing magic after college. McDaniel said he and Ginn are known as the “magic guys” everywhere that they go.
“I started doing magic because my great grandpa did it,” McDaniel said. “He was always a hit at family reunions.”
In addition to shows at First Friday in downtown Bryan, The Aggie Magic Circle has a show every spring, typically in Rudder Forum. This year the show is set to occur on the last weekend of April.
McDaniel said the spring showcase typically features about six performers, who are usually the most experienced members of the group.
“The first year that we had the show, it sold out completely, so the year after that we had two shows,” McDaniel said. “Both of them almost sold out as well.”
McDaniel said The Aggie Magic Circle invites anyone interested in magic to come to their meetings on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. in Rudder 510 to get a better idea about what they do.