Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Comedy meets politics with satirical performance

Former congressional staffers will satirize today’s political headlines and headline makers with humorous song and dance as part of MSC OPAS’ “The Capitol Steps” performance Tuesday.
Rachel Fischer, MSC OPAS committee chair and urban planning senior, said the show was a success when Capitol Steps visited campus three years ago.
“They tend to take up current events that are going on right now and lighten them up a bit,” Fischer said. “Seeing that it is election day, I am sure that they will do a really fun bit about campaigning and how crazy it can get.”
Jordan Scoville, director of back-of-house operations and civil engineering senior, said she anticipates a big turn-out to see the group perform.
“I know they are really funny and I know there are former congressional staff members and nothing is off limits for them,” Scoville said. “They are not going to make fun of just Democrats or just Republicans.”
Fischer said she expects the timing of the event to aid in its success.
“Seeing that it is election day, we definitely hope that people will appreciate the country that we live in and the freedom that we have, and it is definitely fun to laugh about our society but we hope that people walk away appreciative of the fact that we can laugh about it,” Fischer said.
Scoville said the performance should lighten the mood surrounding the election and topics of politics and current events.
“We thought it would be a great experience to take away the seriousness of who you’re going to vote for, and look into it as more of an entertainment type of thing,” Scoville said.
The performance will be at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Rudder Theatre. Tickets are available online and at the MSC Box Office.