Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

Students host Christmas gift drive

%26%23160%3B

MSC ALOT is teaming up with MSC Hospitality, MSC LEAD and the Salvation Army to bring Christmas gifts to children in Bryan-College Station.
Jordan Skipwith, geophysics sophomore and executive director of community service of MSC ALOT, said children in need give the Salvation Army gift requests, which are sent to MSC ALOT. The gifts range as wide as the range of the ages of the children — from newborn to pre-teen.
Elizabeth Nevins, biomedical sciences freshman, said it’s about giving back to the community.
“It’s just to get students to really get involved with giving back to the community, and to get into the holiday spirit,” Nevins said.
Skipwith said the drive has been successful so far. Over the last two days, more than 100 “angels” have been “adopted.”
Stephen Hilton, one of the group leaders and environmental geosciences sophomore, said he’s looking forward to networking within the organization.
“The biggest benefit would be knowing that we’ve given back to those who have done so much for us,” Hilton said.
For Skipwith, the biggest effect is benefitting the children of Bryan-College Station. Last year, Skipwith said, many kids wanted bikes, so people pitched money together to buy bicycles.
“We want to make a difference in their lives,” Skipwith said. “It gives us the opportunity to serve a purpose.”
Students who wish to “adopt” an angel can visit one of four different tables across campus in the Commons, Wehner, the MSC or Hullabaloo Hall.
The gift drive will continue until Monday.
Blinn Team freshman Kenny Dao and communication senior Samantha Parker promote Angel Tree by encouraging students to adopt an “angel” this Christmas season.
Photo by Tanner Garza.