Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

A&M to share in $1.5 million research grants

A&M’s Texas Sea Grant College Program announced Wednesday new grants for eight two-year research projects at Texas universities totaling $1.5 million, according to an A&M news release. 

According to the release, the grants aim to bolster projects that support marine and coastal ecosystems and economies at state universities like the University of Houston, Texas A&M University, the  University of Texas Marine Science Institute and the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. 

The Texas Sea Grant, which is a partnership of the State of Texas and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, facilitates a research program every two years that utilizes the expertise of the state’s top scientists. 

According to the release, the goals of the Texas Sea Grant’s research program are to support research in areas of natural, physical, social, behavioral and economic sciences and engineering as well as to make research investments that will bring about substantial social, economic and environmental impacts in Texas.