Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Antiwar protestors call, fax legislators

WASHINGTON (AP) — Antiwar protesters on Wednesday made hundreds of thousands of phone calls and sent faxes and e-mails to senators and the White House to voice their opposition to a war on Iraq as part of a “virtual march” on the nation’s capital.
Senators, regardless of their position on the war, were barraged with calls. Other calls to both Democrat and Republican Senate offices could not be completed because of busy circuits.
“We will let out fingers do the marching and demand that our voices be heard,” said Tom Andrews, the national director for Win for War, the group that organized the protest.
Andrews said about 400,000 people had registered through the group’s web site for the call-in campaign. By Wednesday afternoon, he projected the number of calls made and faxes sent exceeded 1 million.