Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Campus threat poster identified, arrested

Christopher Louis Bolanos-Garza
Photo by PROVIDED BY UPD
Christopher Louis Bolanos-Garza

A post on Yik Yak threatening the Texas A&M campus landed a student in University Police Department custody without bond Tuesday evening.

Upon receiving calls about the threat, UPD obtained an emergency subpoena requesting identifying information from Yik Yak, according to a UPD press release. With the subpoena, the police traced the post back to mathematics freshman Christopher Louis Bolanos-Garza. 
Yik Yak is a social media outlet that allows users to anonymously share posts with other users in the area. The Yik Yak post read, “THIS IS NOT A JOKE! DON’T GO TO CAMPUS BETWEEN 7 AND 730 THIS WILL BE MY ONLY WARNING.”
Bolanos-Garza was placed under arrest in the John R. Blocker building. He has been charged with making a terroristic threat, a third degree felony that is punishable by up to 10 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000. Bolanos-Garza is currently being held at the Brazos County Jail without bond.