Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Class president earned position

I am writing in regards to the Freshman Class President. A couple of weeks ago we held elections, and Hunter Madden was elected President by his peers. However, I just recently learned that he was removed from his position due to the fact that he is on the Blinn Team. How is this fair? Mr. Madden is a member of Company E-2 in the Corps of Cadets, and they told him he must step down because he “is not in good standing with the University”? He is obviously in good enough standing to be allowed to live on campus. If you are in charge of an organization as important as freshman class officers, and you do not have some sort of form to fill out addressing eligibility before allowing students to put their names on the ballot, then that signifies to me that it is obviously not important. Once the class of 2009 has spoken and chosen their president, removing him due to a technicality is offensive to me. I call for a reversal of this arrogant decision.
Andrew DavisClass of 2009