A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Conoley’s diversity initiatives flawed

In response to a March 26 front page story:
Jane Conoley opposes the diversity she says she encourages by demanding that others conform to her views. A cherished member of my extended family is homosexual, and although I bitterly disagree with his lifestyle, I still love him very much and would hate to see him harmed.
Consensus on diversity is an oxymoron. Perhaps we should compromise and accept that gays are human and should be treated like everyone else, not singled out for persecution or celebration. There is little I can do to change the decisions of gays whether I agree with them or not, so why should I, or anyone in the College of Education, for that matter, have to say, “Yes, I believe homosexuality is a beautiful thing and should be celebrated.” Such a demand is nothing short of hubris on the part of Jane Conoley and those who support her.
Lars A. Doucet
Class of 2006