Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Light Middleweight boxers Francis Cristal and Frank Chiu throw crosses during Farmers Fight Night on Thursday, April 4th, 2024, at Reed Arena.
‘One day there’s going to be a ring in the middle of Kyle Field’
Zoe May, Editor in Chief • April 11, 2024

“Throw the 1, follow with the 2!” “Keep your hands up!” “Tie him up!” It was the sixth fight of the night. The crowd was either...

Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Coppinger, along with other candidates, win in Spring 2024 election

Photo by Adriano Espinosa
Junior Finance major Cade Coppinger elected as Student Body President for 2024-2025 school year. (Adriano Espinosa/The Battalion)

Spring 2024 election results were announced by the 12th Man statue on March 1 at 7 p.m. With a total of 5,629 votes in the sixth round of voting, Cade Coppinger won Student Body President and Ankit Lulla followed in a close second with 5,179 votes. All 5forYell candidates won their races with Senior Yell leader spots filled by Grayson Poage, Jake Carter and Josiah Brantley, and Junior Yell leader spots filled by Luke Widener and Kyle Fife. Finally, Will Rodriguez won senior class president, Colton Wisenant won junior class president and Cole Sloan won sophomore class president. All other candidate results can be found on the 2024 election page here.

Senior Yell Leader Grayson Poage said he was excited to continue serving the 12th Man after his recent win.

“I am so thankful for everyone that is standing around me right now,” Poage said. “I can’t wait for another year of service to the 12th Man and thankful to God for the opportunity. The support is just really overwhelming.”

Student Body President-Elect Cade Coppinger said he was honored to win his position.

“I am just so honored to even get to run in the race with these candidates,” Coppinger said. “It just feels like a privilege and I am just really excited and it is an honor to even be here right now.”

Coppinger said he was going to spend the night of his win relaxing with his friends, and he was thankful for all the individuals who voted for him.

“Every single person that voted for me, even everybody not so, I am so thankful for the student body here at Texas A&M and the privilege that it is to serve in this capacity,” Coppinger said.