Texas A&M players watch fireworks after Texas A&M’s game against Ole Miss on Friday, April 19, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
The sun will come out
The sun will come out
Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy CoxApril 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

LSU QB Jayden Daniels (5) runs with the ball during A&Ms game against LSU at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first-round graded quarterback
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 21, 2024

As the 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit is closing in, a microscope gets placed on the prospects who play the sport’s most valuable position. Featuring...

The sun will come out
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Coppinger, along with other candidates, win in Spring 2024 election

Photo by Adriano Espinosa
Junior Finance major Cade Coppinger elected as Student Body President for 2024-2025 school year. (Adriano Espinosa/The Battalion)

Spring 2024 election results were announced by the 12th Man statue on March 1 at 7 p.m. With a total of 5,629 votes in the sixth round of voting, Cade Coppinger won Student Body President and Ankit Lulla followed in a close second with 5,179 votes. All 5forYell candidates won their races with Senior Yell leader spots filled by Grayson Poage, Jake Carter and Josiah Brantley, and Junior Yell leader spots filled by Luke Widener and Kyle Fife. Finally, Will Rodriguez won senior class president, Colton Wisenant won junior class president and Cole Sloan won sophomore class president. All other candidate results can be found on the 2024 election page here.

Senior Yell Leader Grayson Poage said he was excited to continue serving the 12th Man after his recent win.

“I am so thankful for everyone that is standing around me right now,” Poage said. “I can’t wait for another year of service to the 12th Man and thankful to God for the opportunity. The support is just really overwhelming.”

Student Body President-Elect Cade Coppinger said he was honored to win his position.

“I am just so honored to even get to run in the race with these candidates,” Coppinger said. “It just feels like a privilege and I am just really excited and it is an honor to even be here right now.”

Coppinger said he was going to spend the night of his win relaxing with his friends, and he was thankful for all the individuals who voted for him.

“Every single person that voted for me, even everybody not so, I am so thankful for the student body here at Texas A&M and the privilege that it is to serve in this capacity,” Coppinger said.