Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Durant Brings Texas Back

What started out as a Baylor rout, yes you read that correctly, turned into an incredible Texas comeback. As I predicted, Baylor did prove to be a tough out, but the Bears had several chances to win. Baylor led by 20 with three minutes gone in the second half, and it seemed the Bears had the momentum. They had kept All-American player of the year candidate Kevin Durant to 24 points in the first half. He missed his first 12 shots. But unfortunately for Baylor, basketball consists of two halves. In the second half, Durant exploded as the Longhorns stormed all the way back. All of the A&M fans still in attendance were sorely disappointed. All of the Aggies wanted to see Texas lose. Maybe that would have eased the pain of the OSU loss, but Baylor just couldn’t finish. Give Texas and Durant for getting hot in the second half, but Texas didn’t win. Baylor lost. And that is something Baylor is used to when it comes to ranked opponents. The loss marked their 27th straight against ranked opponents. After the games are finished, the workers pass out sheets of information to the people writing in the media room. When I received my Texas game notes, I wasn’t surprised to see that Durant dominated the page, just like he did the second half. Durant had 10 entries, including most points in an entire season for a Texas player (783). Topping the 20-point mark for the 26th time this season, Texas record for points in a Big 12 Tournament game and most free throws made for a Texas player in a Big 12 Tournament game. He had as many bullet heads as the team as a whole did. The closeness of the game is a better representation of the talent and quality of the teams in the Big 12. Baylor, the No. 11 seed, played extremely well against Texas, the No. 3 seed. And OSU defeated A&M, showing that they are a better team now than their record from the regular season suggests. The second day of games did not seem nearly as long as the first, understandably so because I slept for 10 hours. The tournament field is down to four. With Texas vs. Oklahoma State and Kansas vs. Kansas State, tomorrow should bring two close games, like the last two from today, not two blow outs, which would resemble today’s first two.