Farris climbing A&M passing ladder

Junior Mark Farris, in just his second season as the Aggies’ starting quarterback, quickly is becoming one of the most prolific passers in school history.
Air Farris
In his 14 career starts, Farris already has more 40-pass attempt games than any other quarterback in school history. Farris has surpassed the 40-attempt mark in both games this season to bring his career total to five.
After his 341-yard performance against Wyoming, Farris now has thrown for 200 or more yards in eight of his last nine games.
The school record for consecutive 200-yard games was set by Ed Hargett in 1968, when he did it in six straight games. Farris’ current streak of five is the second longest in school history and the longest since Gary Kubiak’s four game streak in 1982.
Clockwork
Through its first two games, A&M has owned its opponents in time-of-possession, averaging more than nine minutes of possession than its opponents. The Aggies are averaging 34:33 per game, while holding McNeese State and Wyoming to an average of 25:27.
The success on the clock is thanks largely to the Aggies’ third-down ratio. A&M is 16-of-34 on third down tries. Opposing teams have managed to convert only five times on 24 tries.
The Aggies have not allowed a third-down conversion yet in the first quarter.
Team leaders
Junior linebacker Brian Gamble is leading the Wrecking Crew with 16 tackles through the first two games of the season.
Gamble also has three tackles for a loss. Senior defensive back Jay Brooks is second, with 13 tackles. Brooks also has recorded a sack and a pass breakup.
On offense, sophomore wide receiver Jamaar Taylor, who transferred to A&M from Notre Dame, has garnered the most receiving yards, catching seven passes for 125 yards.
Injury Report
Two more Aggies were added to the injured list this week when freshman running back Keith Joseph and junior linebacker Jarrod Penright went down Tuesday in practice.
Joseph, the team’s leading rusher with 167 ground yards, suffered an AC separation of his right shoulder and is doubtful for Saturday’s game.
The injury may prompt football head coach R.C. Slocum to move sophomore Richard Whitaker back to the running back position, where Whitaker started the season.
Whitaker has been working out at wide receiver since senior Bethel Johnson bruised his spleen against Wyoming on Sept. 6.
Penright, who has eight tackles this season, sprained his right ankle and is questionable for Saturday’s game.