Writer Braxton Dore with the six Mochinut donuts he sampled from the restaurant. The writing on the box lid reads, More than just a donut, always near you.
Review: Mochinut's donuts are ideal for any dessert fan
Braxton Dore'July 22, 2024

The popular Japanese mochi and donut fusion restaurant, Mochinut, arrived in College Station in February 2024. The chain — founded in California...

Friends, families and turkey

Friends, family and turkey

Aggies look forward to the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday as a break from school or work and a chance to spend time with families and friends.
Thanksgiving is one of the most historic American traditions. It’s the period during which families and friends get together to give thanks for the blessings of the previous year. Texas A&M will be on Thanksgiving break on Thursday and Friday.
Since A&M is comprised of students from across the globe, Aggies may celebrate this holiday in many different ways. For example, the vast majority of international students who do not celebrate Thanksgiving in their home countries will have the opportunity to experience the American tradition. 
Omar Khalaf, an Iraqi Ph.D. student in the department of veterinary pathobiology, and his immediate family will be celebrating Thanksgiving in the home of an American friend.
“I look forward to the variety of foods that will be served, the merriment of the holiday and the general Thanksgiving experience,” Khalaf said. “My American friend has a large family and my family and I look forward to having a fun celebration with them.”
Khalaf said his previous Thanksgiving holidays had been spent with his wife and kids in their home. 
“It was nice to have a couple of days off work to spend with my family,” Khalaf said. “Since we do not celebrate Thanksgiving back home, we spend the holiday mostly at home and going shopping.”
Hallie Montalbo, a Spanish sophomore spent one of her previous Thanksgivings on an exchange program in Italy.
“It was nice to spend Thanksgiving and share the holiday with my Italian friends,” Montalbo said. “There was a lot of cooking and a big, fun celebration, as well as the appreciation of one of many American cultures.”
 Amanda Sendejas, a kinesiology and allied health senior said she makes the most of the Thanksgiving holiday because that’s one of the two times she gets to see her whole family together.
“I have a strong connection with my family, including my parents, grandparents, cousins and aunts, and I look forward to seeing everyone again — and the turkey,” Sendejas said. “I’m just really thankful for everyone and everything in my life.”