Texas A&M infielder Ali Camarillo (2) thros to first during Texas A&M’s game against Louisiana at the NCAA Bryan-College Station Regional Final at Olsen Field on Sunday, June 2, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Camarillo, Aschenbeck selected by Athletics, Cubs to round out 2024 MLB Draft

Junior SS Ali Camarillo and senior LHP Evan Aschenbeck rounded out the 2024 MLB Draft for Texas A&M baseball on Monday as they were selected...

It all adds up

Texas+Insruments
Texas Insruments

Texas A&M University is known for its large former student base and their caliber. Kevin Posey, Class of 1996, was recently promoted to Vice President, Controller- Analog Signal Chain at Texas Instruments.
Posey is responsible for three teams: supply chain, finance and accounting. However, Posey said his most important job is something a little less tangible.
“Most importantly, I am a people manager,” Posey said. “Anytime you look at a successful organization, the foundation is the ethics, compliance and talent development. That’s what gets me excited to come to work everyday…to manage a group of people and watch them grow from a talent perspective.”
Posey said he believes A&M gave him the essential skills needed to excel in his career with Texas Instruments.
“Texas A&M taught me to problem solve and make things happen in less than favorable circumstances,” Posey said. “It translates so well to what we do here in terms of solving problems, now it’s just real world problems instead of hypothetical ones.”
Throughout his 20 years at Texas Instruments, including several years spent in France, Posey has faced a few challenges along the way.
“I wouldn’t call them challenges so much as opportunities,” Posey said.
Posey described a time when him and his teammates held differing viewpoints. In the end, he saw the conflict as an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson and better himself for the future.
“Taking time to step back and realize that it’s not a race, it’s a marathon is something I had to learn,” Posey said. “Each ‘challenge’ has taught me something as far as growth, working with people and the general opportunity to watch Texas Instruments grow has been a great experience overall, one I wouldn’t change for the world.”
Posey has held many positions during his time at Texas Instruments. Posey said he would do a one thing differently if he could go back and do it all again.
“You learn a role initially and then you start to be able to deliver results within that role, and a lot of times we get to a place where we think we’ve learned everything there is to learn,” says Posey. “I think we forget the that we need to give back to the people that invested in us. You should stay in a role long enough that you are able to teach or help someone get to the level you’re at in your career.”
Posey knows first hand how stressful college can be and said current students should make their time count.
“Take advantage of your time in college, the people you come in contact with will be your friends and family for the rest of your life so embrace this special time,” Posey said.
When talking about success, Posey said it’s important not to let others define it for you.
“Make sure you don’t define success based on what a book says it is or what your friends say it is. Success is defined by what makes you happy and at the end of the day, when you write your story, success needs to be what you determine it to be,” Posey said. “Once you define success for yourself, make every action you take and priority you make from that point forward help move you in the direction of your dream.”