Men look to add to win streak in Boulder

The Texas A&M men’s basketball team will look to continue its win streak Wednesday when they visit Boulder to take on the Colorado Buffaloes.
The Aggies (21-8, 7-7) will be going for a fifth straight win and are looking to reach a winning record in Big 12 play for the first time this season.
Colorado (9-19, 1-13) has lost nine straight games and notched only one win in conference play, a 55-49 win over Iowa State in Boulder. The Buffaloes are coming off a 75-57 loss at Baylor on Saturday.
The Buffaloes are led by sophomore Cory Higgins, who leads the team in points per game with 17.3, steals with 53, and free throw percentage with 83.3 percent. Higgins is fifth in the Big 12 in scoring.
A&M began its win streak with an 81-66 victory over Texas in College Station.
The Aggies then posted victories over three other conference opponents. After defeating Texas Tech in Lubbock, a victory in Nebraska and against Iowa State on Saturday.
A&M has won five straight games against the Buffaloes, with Colorado’s last win in 2004.
Texas A&M Head Coach Mark Turgeon said despite the Buffaloes’ struggles in Big 12 play, he doesn’t expect his team to look past Colorado to the game against Missouri on Saturday.
Turgeon said Colorado has “gotten better at running their system. They were so young and they’ve just gotten so much better at running it and they have counters to counters now that makes it just so much more difficult to guard.”
Lacking the 12th Man in Reed Arena on the road makes it more difficult, Turgeon said, but he believes his team can deal with Colorado’s home court fan base.
“This time of the year it doesn’t matter,” Turgeon said. “If it does, then we don’t deserve to win the game.”