Oklahoma, K-State to square off

Showdown in Norman

When the Oklahoma Sooners walked into Manhattan, Kan., last season and ended Kansas State’s 25-home game winning streak with a 41-31 win, the table immediately was set for this weekend’s matchup between the two Big 12 powerhouses.
This week, it is the No. 3 Sooners’ home winning streak that is on the line. OU has run off 15 straight home wins, the fourth-longest home winning streak in the nation. And, just like last season, both teams have yet to lose a ballgame.
This nationally televised contest could shape up to be a battle of the running backs, as both schools feature two of the better running backs in the conference. For No. 11 K-State, Josh Scobey is coming off a four touchdown, 112-yard performance during the Wildcats’ 64-0 destruction of New Mexico State.
The Sooner backfield is led by Quentin Griffin, currently 20th-leading rusher in the nation.
Undefeated early

Eight teams in the Big 12 are undefeated so far this season, and the conference has posted a 27-6 record through four weeks of play. Nebraska, Iowa State, K-State, Texas A&M, OU, Texas, Baylor and Texas Tech all have perfect records.
Nebraska (4-0) and Colorado (3-1) are the only teams who have played four games. The Buffaloes bounced back from a season-opening loss to No. 10 Fresno State, scoring a combined 119 points in their three wins.
Ranked teams from the Big 12 include OU, Nebraska, UT and K-State.
Colorado and A&M both received votes in the latest Associated Press poll. The Aggies will take on Notre Dame at Kyle Field while the Buffaloes will take the weekend off.
Beware of underdog

The Texas Tech Red Raiders are shaping up to be the surprise team in the Big 12 this season. The pass-happy Red Raider offense has been a success so far, tallying 42 points against New Mexico and North Texas.
Tech has started 2-0 three times in the last four seasons, and the two previous teams that started the season 2-0 have ended with a Bowl appearance.
Tech will get its first chance at an upset Saturday, when it travels to Austin for a matchup of the two highest-scoring offenses in the Big 12.
Quarterback Kliff Kingsbury has thrown for more than 300 yards in both games this season and has compiled a 68.4 completion percentage, the highest in the conference. Kingsbury has thrown a touchdown pass in seven consecutive games and has connected on 17-straight passes, setting school records in both categories.
The Longhorns knocked off the Red Raiders in Lubbock last season, winning by a 29-17 mark.
The biggest buzzsaw the Red Raiders could run into is their schedule, which is the toughest in the conference.
In addition to Saturday’s game against UT, Tech will also face K-State, Nebraska, A&M and OU.