Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Rec Center closed through April 3

Photo by FILE

Communication sophomore and intramural referee for the A&M Recreation Sports Center Briana Cepeda was forced to move back to her hometown after the Rec Center was closed on March 20.

In response to the direction of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Texas A&M leadership, the Student Recreation Center will be closed through April 3.
In a statement, the Rec Center announced a tentative reopening is scheduled for April 4 and students are encouraged to participate in online group exercise classes.
If students are registered for a Specialty Class, an Outdoor Adventures trip or an Aquatics class, those have been cancelled, and they can receive a partial refund by calling (979) 845-0526 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Procedures for other potential refunds for other programming will be posted here soon.
Students with items in Rec Center lockers can pick up their items on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For students with outdoor rental equipment checked out, the rental period has been extended to April 6 with no late charges assessed.