Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Rich being overtaxed

Thanks for making mail call look more like the Communist Manifesto, Mr. Kocurek.It’s all about “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs” with you. No wonder you don’t see the big picture.
What is happening in Vermont is what is happening all over the country.Asmall percentage of the population is being forced to pay the taxeswhile themajority lives off of it. This way, thepoliticians who promise thatthey can squeeze money out of the evil rich can always count on a majority of votes.
Knowing that thetop 50 percent of wage earners pay 96.03 percent of the income taxes,I would love to see John’s idea of a fair tax rate to be imposed on the “rich.”
No one is saying the rich shouldn’t be taxed, but why should they be punished for their success?
You see, John, we have this little thing called the Constitution. If the government would stay out of places it has no business being, likesocial security, welfare, zoning laws, etc. and focus on the things it has been enumerated to have control over, we would all pay a lot less taxes on junk and could spend more money on what is really important: police, defense, roads, etc.
At that point, theenterprising among uscan better enjoy the fruits oftheirsuccess while the rest get by as best they can through their own labors, as it should be.