Graduate G Tyrece Radford (23) drives to the basket during Texas A&Ms game against Nebraska in the first round of the 2024 NCAA Tournament at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, March 22, 2024. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
How Tyrece Radford can catch the attention of NBA scouts

After 5 years of college basketball at Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, Tyrece Radford is furthering his athletic career with the San Antonio...

Softball team earns key wins

The Texas A&M softball team finished its regular season schedule with a pair of wins this weekend, clinching a berth in the Big 12 championship tournament.
The Aggies won its first of the two games 6-1 against Texas Saturday at McCombs Field in Austin.
A&M scored all of its runs in the sixth inning thanks in part to junior Bailey Schroeder, who hit a two-out grand slam. Junior Alex Reynolds hit a solo home run in the next at-bat to give A&M a 6-1 lead.
“What an exciting grand slam for Bailey and our team. She’s just worked her tail off,” A&M Head Coach Jo Evans said. “When Alex got up and hit the next one out, that was the nail in the coffin.”
Freshman pitcher Rebecca Arbino earned the win after giving up one unearned run to the Longhorns.
“Becca did great tonight,” Evans said. “I felt really good about putting her out there in the lime light, in a big game and she did such a great job.”
A&M kept its momentum the next day, beating Baylor 3-2.
Lady Bears’ freshman pitcher Whitney Canion, recorded 10 strikeouts, but was unable to quell the Aggie offense, allowing three earned runs.
A&M took an early lead in the top of the first with an RBI single from Ridley to score junior shortstop Macie Morrow from second base.
The lead kept the Aggies in front until the Lady Bears answered with a two-run fifth inning.
But A&M put up one run efforts in both the sixth and seventh inning to secure the come-from-behind victory.
A&M clinched sixth place in the Big 12 with the wins, giving the Aggies a first-round bye for the tournament.