Technology management sophomore Ashley Mendoza and communication junior Madeline Sturm work at the MSC Help Desk on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
University classes canceled due to IT outage
An error released in an update to Windows devices has shut down A&M’s technology network

Shalina Sabih July 15, 2024

Student Bonfire in search of new location

Photo by Photo by Robert O’Brien

Aggie Bonfire is still alive and well despite the many things that have changed over the years, but the one thing that hasn’t changed is how much Aggies care about it.

Located in Robertson County since 2009, Texas A&M’s Student Bonfire will need to find a new location to hold its future bonfires.

Since moving the tradition off campus after the 1999 Bonfire Collapse, the long held student-run tradition has had to move several times, according to KBTX. On Aug. 2, the student organization received word they would once again be moving locations after the current plot was sold to land developers, according to KBTX. 

Matt Cline, Student Bonfire senior redpot and turckpot, told KBTX the organization is not worried about finding a new location. 

“We’ve been subconsciously planning for something like this for years,” Cline said. “It’s just something that needs to get done. It’s nothing to freak out about or for us to worry about. It’s something that gets done and we’re going to be better through it.” 

New location ideas can be suggested via the group’s email at [email protected].